Here's a few observations on the system:
- The black on black theme looks divine. However, I had problems seeing which options I had selected in some of the screens. This was especially difficult when I set up a VPN.
- The directions to set up almost anything in Manjaro are great.
- You will do more work setting this system up for your needs than if you use Mint, BUT you will be paid back by the rolling updates.
- Dropbox is being difficult: while it works fine, setting up the program so Dropbox starts automatically is problematic at this point. (Once I figure it out, though, this issue will fade quickly)
- Calibre loaded and installed easily
- The menus in xfce are easy to use and make sense.
- Everything on my vintage Toshiba Satellite M type with Harman Kardon sound set up effortlessly.
- Google Talk for Google Hang Outs went in easily, although I did encounter a few potential error codes from the package manager.
- The package manager has all the programs other distros have.